ANZAC Day holds a special place on the Rottnest Island calendar. With a long military history, we commemorate all Australians who served and died in war and on operational service.
Presided over by officers from The Royal Australian Navy Number Two Flying School, the Dawn service commences at 6:00am on grassed area outside Dôme & Aristos Waterfront Restaurant.
Download the 2016 Anzac Day Program.
Dawn service will be followed by our free ANZAC Day Gunfire Breakfast cooked by our friendly Rottnest Voluntary Guides.
Free kids activities (from 10am)
Various family friendly activities will be held:
- Anzac biscuit baking behind the Bakery (11am & 1:30pm - first come, first serve)
- Military themed kids activities at Kingstown Barracks (10am – 1pm)
- Activity booklets (can be collected from Visitor Centre)
Oliver Hill Guns and Tunnels Tours also available with discounted ferry fares - contact the ferry companies direct to enquire.
Current & ex-servicemen travel FREE from Hillarys Boat Harbour & are also eligible for free travel tours with ADAM's (Island Explorer, Guns & Tunnels Tour & Captain Hussey train).
Stay the night with the 101 Anniversary Accommodation Special
Take advantage of our 101 Anniversary Accommodation Special - for new bookings in a Premium holiday unit you'll receive your second night at just $101, or for new bookings in Caroline Thomson Cabins you'll receive your second night at just $50. For bookings for the night of Sunday 24 April 2016 (receive Monday 25 April 2016 at the discounted rate).
- New bookings only
- Must book consecutive Sunday and Monday night stay (24 & 25 April 2016)
- Premium Units guests to pay $101 for the night of 25 April when paying rack rate for Sunday 24 April 2016.
- Caroline Thomson guests to pay $50 for the night of 25 April when paying rack rate for Sunday 24 April 2016.
- Bookings not available online
- Subject to availability
To book, call our friendly Rottnest Island Reservations team on (08) 9432 9111.
There will be a special shuttle bus to collect visitors from Kingstown Barracks at 5:20am and Geordie Bay bus stop at 5:30am.