Rottnest Island Authority Accommodation Terms and Conditions of Booking
2. Alterations and Cancellationsa) Written or email notice of alterations and cancellations must be provided for all bookings except for those cancelled in person in which case appropriate identification will be required.
b) Where booking dates are amended within 30 days of arrival, standard cancellation fees will apply. Any change to a booking less than 48 hours prior to arrival will result in full cancellation fee. If booking dates are changed more than 30 days prior to arrival and the value of the booking is reduced, standard cancellation fees will apply.
c) During Holiday Peak periods (eg Summer and Easter holidays), shortening of a booking is not permitted.
d) Where the booking dates are cancelled in part or full, the following fees will apply dependant on notice provided;
- More than 30 days prior to arrival: $55 fixed charge or 50% of the cost of the first night of the stay (whichever is the lowest) will be retained.
- 3 - 30 days prior to arrival: 100% of the cost of the first night of the stay will be retained.
- Less than 48 hours prior to 2pm check-in time: Full payment will be retained.
3. RelocationUnder exceptional circumstances the RIA reserves the right to relocate a booking to a suitable alternative of similar type.
4. Credit Card SuretyIt is a condition of tenancy that the occupant provides a valid credit card preauthorisation to the RIA and agrees to allow any cost for which they are liable under the tenancy to be levied against this credit card. Security deposits are required during certain periods.
5. Occupancy LimitsTents: Maximum two tents per site with a maximum total of 6 people per site.
Governors Circle, Caroline Thomson Cabins, Kingstown Dormitories and Hostel: Only 1 person per bed. Additional beds are not available.
Premium Units, Villas and Cottages: Maximum of 1 person per fixed bed plus 50% (e.g. in a 4 bed unit, the number of occupants must not exceed 6).
The RIA reserves the right to adjust occupancy limits during specified periods.
6. Quiet TimesAll visitors are required to respect the rights of others to enjoy the Island at all times and to observe a “quiet” time of 11pm - 7am in all areas, except:
- Kingstown and Governors Circle: “Quiet” time of 9pm - 9am applies.
- Camping Ground: “Quiet” time of 9pm - 7am applies.