Modify or cancel a bookingPlease be aware that the following information applies to Rottnest Island Authority accommodation bookings.
Rottnest Island Standard Accommodation Booking Terms & Conditions
- All cancellations must be made via a written notification or email, unless you are making a cancellation in person, in which case appropriate identification will be required.
- Where the booking dates are changed between 3-14 days prior to arrival standard cancellation fees apply. Any change to a booking less than 48 hours prior to arrival will result in full cancellation fee. If booking dates are changed more than 14 nights prior to arrival and the value of the booking is reduced standard cancellation fees will apply.
- Set booking dates apply to the January, Easter school holidays and part of December.
- For cancellations made in part or in full more than 14 days after making a booking and:
- More than 180 nights prior to arrival: $55 fixed charge or 50% of the cost of one night of the stay (whichever is the lowest) will be retained (cost based on first night of stay)
- 15 - 180 nights prior to arrival: 50% of the cost of one night of the stay will be retained (cost based on first night of stay)
- 3 – 14 days prior to arrival: The cost of the first night of the stay will be retained
- Less than 48 hours prior to 2pm check-in time: full payment will be retained
Key holder name changes
- Written confirmation of the change of registered guest must be supplied from the original key holder within 24 hours of arrival date.
- Changes to key holder details such as address or contact numbers will not incur any fee.