Please note that Aquaplay Rottnest is currently closed.
Pedal, SUP and roll your way along the waters of North Thomson Bay with Aquaplay Rottnest.
Aquaplay Rottnest is a new water adventure playground, offering sea-bike tours, pedal-board and stand-up paddle board hire, plus water bikes and a giant inflatable roller for kids.
All of the activities are on the water rather than in it, so you don’t have to get wet if you don’t want to.
Tours depart from the Aquaplay marquee in North Thomson Bay, next to the Main Jetty, and can be booked at the Visitor Centre or at www.aquaplayrottnest.com.au
Boating West Boat Hire
Hire a boat with Boating West and explore the magnificent waters around Rottnest Island.
Boating West aims to make boating easier. We provide a safe, fun and cost-effective way to experience Rottnest Island from the water. Boating West have a range of hire boats from 4.2m to 6m. We can provide half-day or full-day boat hire. Whether you enjoy fishing, water sports, sightseeing or just being out on the water, we have the boat for you!
Family Fun Park & Mini Golf
Challenge your friends to a round of mini golf, jump on the trampolines or play some classic arcade games at Rottnest's very own fun park.
From retro pinball machines to Pac-man, Space Invaders and even Air Hockey, you'll get your nostalgic fix at the Rottnest Island Fun Park. And if the kids are still full of beans after going for a snorkel at The Basin, let them loose on the trampolines or challenge them to a family game of putt-putt or giant Chess.
Homemade crepes, fresh coffee, ice cream and cold drinks are also on offer to keep you fuelled up for an afternoon of fun.
For a bit of low-key entertainment, head to the candy bar then settle in at the beautiful deckchair cinema.
Karma Golf & Lawn Bowls
Karma Rottnest is a mecca for golf lovers with one of Western Australia’s finest courses right on its doorstep... Prefer lawn bowls? Prepare to kick off your shoes and enjoy one of the most relaxed sessions of bowls you’ll ever experience.
Tee time at Rottnest
Karma Golf is one of Rottnest Island’s best kept secrets. Boasting 9 quality golf holes, the fully irrigated grass greens, tees and fairways pave the way for one of Western Australia’s most unique golfing experiences.
Whether you’re playing 9 holes or doubling up to 18 rounds, Karma has your après golf covered, whether you’re after a cold post-game pint from Gov’s Sports Bar, a relaxing massage at Karma Spa or a delicious poolside dinner at Riva.
No clubs? No problem! The air-conditioned clubhouse contains a fully stocked pro-shop, with a variety of merchandise for sale and a large range of equipment for hire.
Feel like your golf skills are a bit under par? Roll up for a relaxed round of lawn bowls instead. With BBQ facilities available, be it for a classic or gourmet feast, it’s the perfect accompaniment to everything from birthdays to fundraisers and sporting club getaways.
Events and Venue Hire
Karma is perfect for functional events that can be arranged in a variety of ways to suit banquet and boardroom meetings, to cocktail parties and seminars. Packages feature WI-FI access and a range of conferencing equipment, accommodation, spa and golf tournaments. Pre and post function tours, events with entertainment or wine dinners can also be arranged. Contact the experienced team at firstname.lastname@example.org to tailor your ideal itinerary.
Originally built in 1961 as the Rottnest Island Country Club, Karma has provided golfers with a thrilling 9 hole layout for over 50 years. In mid-2013 the golf course underwent the most impressive refurbishment in its history.
The original sand greens and artificial tee boxes made way for new grass greens and tees, designed by renowned Australian architect Ben Davey.
These new renovations have given the Country Club a new lease on life, with multiple teeing positions on all holes providing golfers of all abilities an enjoyable experience.
In addition to the golf course lies an artificial lawn bowling green, clubhouse and full function facilities. Come and experience one of Western Australia’s most unique golf courses, in the idyllic setting of Rottnest Island.
Pedal & Flipper
Discover Rottnest Island by bicycle and experience over 63 beaches and 20 bays as you explore this unique A Class Reserve. Cycling is environmentally friendly and a fun recreational activity for all ages. As Rottnest Island has essentially no cars, cycling is one of the best ways to get around the Island.
Explore over 22 kilometres of suggested cycle trails, taking in the unique coastline, wildlife and visiting attractions at your leisure. Cycle to the top of Oliver Hill or visit the Wadjemup Lighthouse for spectacular views of the island and Indian Ocean. Venture out to West End, stopping at Cathedral Rocks to see the resident fur seals, or spot a rare osprey near Parker Point. With affordable bike hire options for everyone, you can choose to see the entire island in a day, or a week!
Important Information for Hirers
- The person signing the hire agreement must be 18 years of age or over.
- A refundable deposit is required for some hire items and can be paid by cash or credit card.
- Please be aware that we do not hire our Ebikes to hirers under 18 years of age. Ebikes are "first come first served" and cannot be booked in advance. Ebikes require a refundable $200 security deposit upon collection.
- Booked online? You will need to bring your credit or debit card for verification, along with your confirmation email and proof of identification.
- Bicycle helmets are required by law; these are supplied with all equipment hired.
- For safety reasons, our equipment is not suitable for infants under 12 months. Maximum weight restrictions apply to child trailers and baby seats.
- We do not attach private child trailers to our bikes.
- Please contact Pedal & Flipper in regards to children 5 years and over who require training wheels on their hire bikes. To avoid disappointment, please check with us prior to your visit regarding your individual requirements.
- Please note, as a bike hire service, we unfortunately don’t have options for visitors who cannot ride bikes. Tricycles are not deemed a safe option for those who cannot ride. View hop on/hop off bus options for getting around the Island.
- Due to our large fleet size we regret to advise that we do not carry out private repairs during Peak Season. We suggest that visitors bringing their own bikes to Rottnest Island have them serviced prior to arriving.
- Please view our full Terms and Conditions.
How to find us
Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper is located on Bedford Avenue, just behind Hotel Rottnest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my personal electric bicycle to Rottnest Island?
Electric bicycles are permitted on Rottnest Island in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Code 2000. To be compliant, electric bicycles must have a maximum power output of 250 watts and not be ridden by persons under 16 years. Penalties can be imposed for non-compliance.
Watch the latest release blockbuster movies at the Rottnest Island Picture Hall. Session times and movie guide available from the Fun Park and Visitor Centre.
Cash only. Candy bar available serving fresh popcorn, homemade choc bombs, confectionery, drinks and more!
Rottnest Movies Prices:
Child (under 16) and Seniors: $10
Family (2 Adults + 2 Children): $40
Movie Schedule (July and August)
Times: All movies commence at 6:30pm and the picture hall opens 30 minutes prior to screening.
- Thursday 23 July: The Personal History of David Copperfield
- Saturday 25 July: Sonic the Hedgehog
- Tuesday 28 July: The Personal History of David Copperfield
- Thursday 30 July: Love Sarah
- Tuesday 4 August: Love Sarah
- Thursday 6 August: The Secret Dare to Dream
- Tuesday 11 August: The Secret Dare to Dream
- Thursday August 13: Mamma Mia Sing a Long
Opening Hours:See current opening hours and special offers here.
Please note: the fun park is also closed if the ferries are not operating due to weather conditions.
Rotto Shade Hire
Please note that Rotto Shade Hire is currently closed.
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs
- Small beach toys such as buckets and spades
- Turkish Towels
- Water bottles
Please note: Hired items must remain at The Basin.
Tandem skydive from 15,000 feet over stunning Rottnest Island, land on the beach, and afterwards enjoy a complimentary drink to celebrate!
Enjoy a 20-minute scenic flight as you cruise up to your chosen jump altitude, with amazing views over Rottnest Island. The adrenaline starts pumping as you leave the aircraft and free-fall at 124-mph (200km/h) for up to 66 seconds. GERONIMO! Once you reach 5000-feet your instructor will deploy your parachute, allowing you to sit-back and catch your breath and take in the view, while you fly expertly back to the ground for your beach landing.
School Holiday Activities
Every school holidays the Rottnest Island Authority together with the Rottnest Voluntary Guides Association offer a program of activities and tours that will get you out exploring and learning about Rottnest’s natural environment and interesting history.
Fill your day with some great fun packed activities throughout the school holidays offered by the Rottnest Voluntary Guides.
Activity programs are published here before the start of a new school holiday.
Check back to this page or subscribe to our newsletter to be updated on the program for the next school holidays.